TRAFFIC IN METROPOLITAN CITIES-
In metropolitan cities, traffic jams are an issue that people have to deal with on a daily basis. There are thousands of motor vehicles on the roads of each city and hence it is common to face traffic jams. To deal with the traffic in such cities various measures are taken to help solve such problems.
Hyderabad is no exception to this problem. Hence, to deal with the traffic in Hyderabad, a new flyover has been constructed. The flyover was completed very recently in the month of June 2021.
CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW FLYOVER IN HYDERABAD-
- A one-kilometer long flyover has been constructed at Balanagar, Hyderabad.
- This project was undertaken by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA), Telangana Road Building, and other authorities jointly.
- The project was initially undertaken in 2017. It had taken four years to complete it.
ABOUT BALANAGAR FLYOVER-
- The exact length of the flyover was 1.13
- It is a six-lane, two-way flyover.
- The vehicles can commute up to 60 km/hr while running on the Balanagar flyover.
- The main purpose of the flyover is to ease the traffic that is increasing day by day in Hyderabad.
- The construction of the flyover was finally completed in the first week of June 2021. The Balanagar flyover was inaugurated on 15th June 2021.
But it was not easy to complete the flyover project in Hyderabad. The project had to go through a few difficulties too and amidst all this, there was the pandemic as well.
“The works have been taken up as per the directions of MAUD Minister KT Rama Rao, who took personal interest and made sure there were no hurdles pertaining to land acquisition and utility shifting. MAUD principal secretary Arvind Kumar also inspected the site several times to make sure the flyover is completed at the earliest,” said AM Yousuf Hussain, superintendent engineer, HMDA.
EXTRA PROJECTS FOR THE BALANAGAR FLYOVER-
Even as the construction project of the Balanagar flyover is completed, the authorities in Hyderabad have more plans regarding the flyover.
- The Telangana Forest Department said that they will be planting greenery on both sides of the flyover.
- The officials are planning to install lights on either side as well. Not only that, but the officials also mentioned installing a rain garden just below the Balanagar flyover.