As India is facing such difficult times, there are many people from all over the country doing everything they can to help others. Not only is the government, the doctors, nurses, policemen, and many more working day and night, but the general public is also coming forward to help.
One such man is Javed Khan.
WHO IS JAVED KHAN?
- Javad Khan is an auto driver in Bhopal.
- During the pandemic, he sold his wife’s jewelry to turn his auto into oxygen equipped free ambulance for the covid-19 patients.
- He is providing these services for free.
- He has arranged sanitizers, an oxygen cylinder, and a Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kit in his auto ambulance.
He said, “I saw on social media and news channels how people were being carried to hospitals due to the shortage of ambulances. So, I thought of doing this.”
JAVED KHAN CHALLANED BY THE POLICE-
On a Saturday morning, the Bhopal Police challaned Javed Khan for moving around during the lockdown and carrying an oxygen cylinder without permission.
- The Bhopal Police pulled up Javed khan’s auto on Saturday and challaned him under section 144 as he was out during the lockdown.
- When the police checked his auto and found an oxygen cylinder and a PPE kit, they charged him under Section 188, as he did not have any emergency pass.
PUBLIC’S REACTION TO THE INCIDENT-
As the news of issuing challan to Javed Khan by the Bhopal Police Department got out through social media, the public got enraged.
- The public demanded the police drop all the charges and challans issued to Javed Khan as he was helping the public out of goodwill during the pandemic.
Due to this, the Bhopal Police has to drop all charges and challans issued to the auto driver.
- Furthermore, the Police also issued a special pass for Javed Khan so that he does not have to face similar issues in the future.