TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS IN THE COUNTRY-
There are more than hundreds of cases recorded daily for traffic violations in the country. The government, be it the state or the central, is taking various measures to control the increasing traffic violations in the country.
EFFORTS OF THE UTTAR PRADESH GOVERNMENT-
To curb the increase in traffic violations in Uttar Pradesh, the Uttar Pradesh government has updated the penalty charged for such violations in the state.
The Uttar Pradesh Traffic Department has announced that if any driver is found violating the traffic norms, even the smallest ones, a heavy penalty will be charged against the driver.
VIOLATIONS THAT WILL BE HEAVILY PENALIZED-
Some of the violations that will cause heavy penalty charges are:
- Driving without seat belts
- Drinking and driving
- Spitting after tobacco consumption
- Breaking speed limit
- Two-wheelers without any helmet
New amendments are made in the Traffic System of Uttar Pradesh under the guidance of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. The regulations are in correspondence with the Motor Vehicles Act.
FINES CHARGED FOR VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC RULES ARE-
- Spitting tobacco on roads will be Rs 500
- Children without seat belts will be fined Rs 1000
- Riding two-wheelers without a helmet will be fined Rs 1000
- Tripling on two-wheelers will be charged Rs 1000
- Turning the vehicle without using indicators may be fined between Rs 5000 to Rs 1500
- Using phones while driving will be fined Rs 1000
- Using stickers related to caste, politics or religion will be fined between Rs 500 to Rs 1500
- Using pressure horns Rs 10,000
- Not giving passage to ambulances will be fined Rs 10,000
- Drinking and driving Rs 10,000
- Urinating on the roadside will be fined Rs 10,000