The second covid-19 wave has proved more dangerous causing a lot of death in the country; people are still lenient towards it. The second lockdown was implemented in the country to curb the spread of the covid-19. The police department is trying very hard to keep a check on the people violating the covid guidelines.
COVID-19 VIOLATIONS IN KOLKATA-
On a Saturday in Kolkata, a huge crowd of people was seen going out for the weekend. Massive violations by the people were seen from the mid of May 2021. Many vehicles are seized on a daily basis and challans are issued to the violators on a daily basis. But, this took a huge turn in the weekend at the end of May 2021.
WEEKEND VIOLATIONS IN KOLKATA-
The Kolkata Traffic Police Department reported a large number of vehicle seizures and issuing challans to the violators on Saturdays and Sundays. A huge amount of fine is also collected during the weekends at Kolkata alone.
- A total of 4400 vehicles were seized in Kolkata after the second lockdown for violations of the covid-19 protocols and around 1500 of them were seized on the weekends only.
- On Saturdays itself, around 1400 challans were issued and around 930 vehicles were seized by the Kolkata Traffic Department.
- On Sunday, 800 challans were issued and around 500 vehicles were seized.
- A total of 665 people were issued challan and fined by the department for not wearing masks during the weekend.
SPECIAL DRIVE CONDUCTED IN KOLKATA DURING WEEKEND-
Seeing the large number of people violating the covid-19 norms, the Kolkata Police Department conducted a special drive in Kolkata, mainly for the two-wheeler owners.
- The Police Department was stopping every vehicle on the road asking them the reason they were
- There was a considerable amount of people who were taking unfair advantage of the exemptions provided by the government.
- People who were unable to give valid and genuine reasons were arrested and prosecuted by the Police Department.