NEW E-CHALLAN SYSTEM-
A couple of years back, in India, the system of E-challan was not introduced. If a person had violated any rules and was caught, only then would the police issue challans to them. The violators were asked to pay the fines for the violations they had done. If a person, who had violated any rules, managed to not get caught, they were saved from paying fines. Many offenders, this way did not pay fines and such offenses were not recorded.
With the introduction of the new E-challan system, not violators are left with receiving punishments. Challans are issued against such people and fines are collected from them immediately. All this is done in a computerized manner. This has given a lot of relief to the police department as well.
STEPS TO CHECK AND PAY E-CHALLAN ONLINE IN DELHI-
People can now check their status of E-challan and also clear their fines online as well as offline, according to their convenience.
- Step 1- Visit Delhi’s traffic police website by going to delhitrafficpolice.nic.in
- Step 2- Go to the ‘Notice’ section and click on ‘Pending Notice’.
- Step 3- The page will then be directed to the E-challan portal of the Delhi traffic police department. The portal will ask you to end details like the vehicle registration number of the notice number.
- Step 4- Click on the ‘Search’ icon.
- Step 5- If any offenses or violations have been committed and recorded under the particular vehicles, then the list will appear
- Step 6- To clear the fines if any violations are recorded click on ‘Pay Now.’
- Step 7- Before continuing further, check all the details like the ‘Payment ID’ and the amount that you are supposed to pay. Now select the ‘Payment Gateway’. Accept the terms and conditions to continue.
- Step 8- Now you will need to select the mode of payment you wish to choose. There are options like Debit or credit card and also net banking. Almost all banks are available for use to make payments.
- Step 9- All you have entered all the details, click on ‘Pay Now.’
- Step 10- After the payment is made; you will receive a ‘Payment Successful’ message along with a transaction ID number. You can also download the receipt in a pdf format.