E-CHALLAN SYSTEM IN MAHARASHTRA-
Maharashtra is one of the first states in India to introduce the system of E-challan in India. The implementation of this system has served as a great help to the traffic police department in Maharashtra. They have implemented the ‘One State One E-Challan’ rule throughout the state. Under this system, an e-challan will be issued to any violator irrespective of the city they have violated the rules in.
- CCTV cameras have been installed and an e-challan will be generated and sent directly to the violators’ mobile phone via an SMS.
- When a violation is recorded by the CCTV cameras, the details of the violator are extracted using the motor vehicle’s registration number.
- After the violator receives an SMS, they can also pay their fines online.
STEPS TO PAY FINE ONLINE IN MAHARASHTRA-
- Step 1– You need to first visit the e-challan portal of Maharashtra by going to https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/ .
- Step 2- An option will be displayed where you will be asked to enter either Challan Number or Vehicle Number on the new page.
- Step 3- In case you are entering the vehicle number, the last 4 digits of the engine chassis number have to be entered too.
- Step 4- You will be directed to a new page that will display all the information about the challan that is issued under the motor vehicle’s number.
- Step 5- You can choose the appropriate payment method from the given options
- Step 6- Click on ‘Pay Now’ under the Payment column and proceed further
- Step 7- Many options will be displayed like net banking, credit card, or debit card. You can choose any option to continue with the payment process.
- Step 8- Once the payment is received, a confirmation message will be sent to the registered mobile number.