CHANGES REGARDING E-CHALLAN SYSTEM-
It has just been a couple of years since the implementation of the E-challan system in Goa. The government had increased the penalties for the violations of the traffic norms in the Motor Vehicles Act (Amended) 2019, to reduce the traffic violations happening.
This was supposed to be implemented throughout the country from 1st September 2019. But in Goa and a few other states, this Amended Motor Vehicles Act was implemented in January 2020.
IMPLEMENTATION OF E-CHALLAN SYSTEM IN GOA-
The traffic police department in Goa is also taking different measures to maintain the smooth functioning of the traffic in Goa.
- With the unlocking proceeding forward, the traffic violations have increased in number. The challans that are issued to such violators are also done via online methods.
- The traffic department in Goa is also encouraging people to make payments of such online.
STEPS TO CHECK AND PAY TRAFFIC FINE IN GOA-
Any person can now check the status of their challans and also pay fines online itself.
- Step 1- You will first need to go to the official E-challan website of the government, called Parivahan. https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan
- Step 2- The homepage will appear on the screen immediately. On the topmost menu, you will see many options like ‘Check Online Services’, “E-Challan Value Indicators’.
- Step 3- You will need to click on the very first option, that is, ‘Check Online Services’.
- Step 4- Another set of options will open. Click on the ‘Check Challan Status’ option.
- Step 5- Now you will have to enter all the details that are asked in the portal, like the vehicle’s registration number, driving license, challan number. And then click on ‘Get Details’.
- Step 6- All the issues that have been issued under the information that you entered will appear on the screen.
- Step 7- If there is any pending fine that you wish to make the payment click on that particular challan.
- Step 8- A ‘Pay Now’ option will be visible on the screen. Click on that to continue paying for the particular challna.
- Step 9- Select the mode of payment you wish to continue with. Enter all the necessary details.
- Step 10- After you are done making the payment, a confirmation message will be sent to you. You can also download the receipt in a pdf form.