NEW E-CHALLAN SYSTEM IMPLEMENTED –
Due to the spread of the covid-19 disease, the government had announced a second lockdown throughout the country. Due to this, the traffic in the country decreased to a great extent. And as a result the traffic violations also reduced in the country. But, as the unlocking has started in the country, the traffic has increased considerably in the country.
The traffic department in the country has been adopting new technologies in their working system. CCTV cameras are being installed in each state, so as to keep a constant check on the traffic violators. New e-challan systems are being promoted. Under this system, if any person is found violating traffic rules, an e-challan will be sent directly to the violator’s mobile number.
STEPS TO CHECK CHALLANS AND PAY FINES ONLINE IN KARNATAKA-
New online portals are also being launched state-wise, where people can check their challan status and also pay their fines online.
- Step 1- You will first need to visit the official website of the Karnataka traffic police department, by going to https://www.karnatakaone.gov.in/
- Step 2- The homepage of the Karnataka traffic police will appear on the screen. Right on top of the page, you will be able to see a menu with options like ‘Home’, ‘About Us’, and many more.
- Step 3- You will now click on the ‘Online Services’ option from the menu.
- Step 4- A new page will appear on the screen with different categories like ‘Jobs’, “Municipal’, etc.
- Step 5- to check your challan status and pay fines, you will need to select the ‘Police’ option.
- Step 6- Under this, a new menu will appear on your screen. You can see three options by which you can pay fines for different violations.
- Step 7- To pay fines for traffic violations, you will need to click on the ‘Pay Traffic Violations Fine’ option from the menu.
- Step 8- Now you are needed to click on the ‘Avail Online’ option on the screen.
- Step 9- A list of different cities will appear on your screen, choose your city from the list by clicking on the ‘Pay Now’ option below the city name.
- Step 10- You will then need to log in to the website. If you do not have an account, you will need to register yourself with the website first.
- Step 11- After logging in with the website, the list of all the previous challans will appear on your screen. Click on the challan you want to pay.
- Step 12- Enter all the necessary details, and your payment will be successful.
- Step 13- After your payment will be successful; you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.