IMPROVISATION DURING THE PANDEMIC-
The government is urging the people in the country to stay safe and maintain the covid norms. The spread of the second wave of the covid-19 proved to be deadly in India. Due to the efforts of the people in the country, the situation has finally come under control. The state and the central governments are providing various relaxation to the people. New methods are being adapted to continue the work by the people.
NEW E-CHALLAN SYSTEM-
The new E-challan system has now been installed almost in every state in India. CCTV cameras have been installed to check whether violations are occurring or not, and if so, computerized challans are generated for the people. Tamil Nadu has also adapted the method of E-challan. And now, people in Tamil Nadu can pay their fines from home through online methods also. People can also check if there are any pending challans and fines against their vehicle.
STEPS TO CHECK AND PAY FINES ONLINE IN TAMIL NADU-
- Step 1- Any person can visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Traffic Police by going to their website https://eservices.tnpolice.gov.in/CCTNSNICSDC/Index?0
- Step 2- The front page will appear on the screen and many options can be seen on the topmost bar of the page.
- Step 3- You will be required to click the ‘Citizens Services (Paid)’ option from the topmost
- Step 4- A menu will then appear on the screen with many options. You will need to click on the ‘E-payment Traffic Challans’ option.
- Step 5- Next, a form called ‘Challan Details’ can be seen. You will need to fill up all the details asked in the form.
- You can fill in the challan number that was issued to you. In case if you do not have a challan number you may enter your vehicle’s registration number.
- Step 6- Click on ‘Get Details’.
- If any violations are done under the particular challan number of the vehicle number, all the details will appear on the screen.
- Step 7- If any payment of fine is due, click on ‘Pay Now’. Many options will then appear, to continue the payment process like a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Step 8- Enter the necessary details according to the mode of payment you have chosen.
- Step 9- After the payment has been successful; you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile phone number.
You can also download a pdf format of your payment slip.