INCREASE IN TRAFFIC AFTER LOCKDOWN-
The cases regarding traffic violations have decreased in the last year. This was because of the pandemic. The spread of the covid-19 resulted in a complete lockdown in the country. Since hardly people were seen outside except in case of an emergency, the traffic in the country decreased, and with it the number of violations.
Now, as more and more relaxations are granted by the state and the central government to the people, the number of people on roads is also increasing. The traffic is returning to normalcy and the traffic violations are also increasing.
E-CHALLAN SYSTEM IN JHARKHAND-
But the traffic police departments are bringing forth new methods to deal with the traffic violations so that people do not have to come outside unless it’s an emergency.
- If a person is caught on camera violating the traffic rules in Jharkhand, an image of the motor vehicle is sent directly to the traffic police department.
- Then, an e-challan is sent to the violator’s mobile number.
- The traffic police department in Jharkhand has launched a new online portal where people can check their traffic challan status and pay their fines online.
STEPS TO CHECK CHALLAN AND PAY FINE ONLINE IN JHARKHAND-
- Step 1- You will first need to visit the official website of the Jharkhand traffic police by clicking the following link https://echallan.jhpolice.gov.in/
- Step 2- The homepage of the website will then appear on your screen. You will now be able to see a ‘Features’ section with various options like ‘Dashboard Reports’, ‘Online Payment Services’, etc.
- Step 3- To check your traffic challan status or pay a fine, you need to click on the ‘Online Payment Services’ option on the ‘Features’ section.
- Step 4- A new page with the heading ‘Search Challan’ will appear on your screen. Below that, you will get two options ‘Vehicle Registration No.’ and ‘Challan Number.
- Step 5- To continue further, you are needed to enter either of the two numbers on the screen.
- Step 6- After this, on the right side of your screen, you will need to enter the ‘Captcha’ code. And then click on the search option to continue.
- Step 7- The list of challans will then appear on your screen. Click on the particular challan you wish to check or pay the fine for.
- Step 8- After checking the details, select the method of payment you wish to make the payment with.
- Step 9- Click on the submit option to make the payment.
- Step 10- After the payment is successful; you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number.