A FAKE COP IN DELHI-
A Civil Defence Volunteer in New Delhi was arrested by the Delhi Police Department. The accused was found pretending to be a Police Officer and prosecuting the public for violating various protocols.
According to the Delhi Police, Suneel Kumar faked being a cop as he used to charge fines from people as a means to extract money from them.
ABOUT THE ACCUSED-
- The name of the accused is Suneel Kumar.
- He is 31 years old.
- He is a Civil Defence Volunteer and was found impersonating as a Delhi Police Sub-Inspector.
- He was arrested in South Delhi’s Sangam Vihar, where he was found charging fines and issuing challans to people violating the covid-19 norms given by the government.
He was caught with his lie, when a Delhi Police Constable, Amit, reached the site where the Civil Defence Volunteer was stationed. The constable felt something amiss and when he asked Suneel to show his id, the truth came out.
DOCUMENTS RETRIEVED FROM THE FAKE COP-
- The Police Sub-Inspector Id that Suneel Kumar was carrying was a fake id.
- Along with it, he was also carrying his Aadhar card, Disaster Management Duty Card, and a Civil Defence identity card.
- Besides the said documents, the Delhi Police also recovered a Police uniform from Suneel Kumar. The uniform was purchased by him from a market to make his pretense believable.
- In his interrogation by the Delhi Police, Kumar revealed the name of a Cyber Café owner, who forged the fake documents for him. The Police then arrested the Café’s owner and also seized the computer used for forging the fake documents.
CHARGED UNDER IPC-
Suneel Kumar has been arrested by the Delhi Police Department and charged under the Indian Penal Code (IPC):
- Section 419, meaning- punishment for cheating by personification. Under this Section whoever cheats by personating is to be punished either with imprisonment for up to three years or has to pay a fine or both.
- Section 471, meaning a person who uses fraud or fake documents as a genuine one. Here, the person can be either imprisoned for up to one year or has to pay a fine or both.
“The man turned out to be a civil defense volunteer. He disclosed that the ID card was prepared at a cyber cafe. The cafe’s owner, Naveen, was also arrested. The computer used in preparing the fake police ID card was also seized,” added DCP Thakur.