UNLOCKING IN INDIA-
India has finally gained control over the spread of the second wave of the covid. The second wave of covid-19 spread so rapidly in the country killed thousands of people. And now, due to the efforts of the governments, doctors, police officials, and the public, the situation is finally under control. As the government has also initiated the unlocking process and is slowly giving various relaxations to the public, the state governments are also taking various measures against the spread of the disease.
COVID-19 TESTS ARE NOW MANDATORY AT GOA BORDER-
In Goa, covid-19 tests are mandatory for every person before entering the state.
- The covid-19 tests are conducted at Keri check post.
- Each and every person has to go through the tests to get permission to enter.
- The government had set up a portable laboratory for conducting the tests.
- But because of low staff and ill-equipped laboratory, a lot of chaos was caused at the border.
- As the checking has been conducted in the Goa border, the border has witnessed massive traffic jams because of it.
- The central government has only allowed a limited time during which people are allowed outside, and that is when the number of people on roads increases throughout the country.
- And during that time, conducting the covid-19 tests takes a lot of time.
TRAFFIC SNARLS BECAUSE OF THE TESTS-
- A long queue was formed on the Kari border.
- Traffic congestion was seen which included trucks, personal cars, vans, buses, and many other vehicles.
- This was seen at Panaji-Belgavi road.
- The North Goa collector has issued a notice that stated that entry of heavy goods vehicles is prohibited via the Chorla Ghat, as they increase traffic and congestion on roads.
- The test results take more than 15 minutes to come.
- And if any person is tested positive, they along with their fellow passengers are asked to return back, including buses.