CORONA’S EFFECT ON DELHI-
The capital city of India is one of those cities hit by corona very badly. There were thousands of cases recorded in Delhi on a daily basis.
- Since the government announced the lockdown in the country, there were people who still did not take the situation seriously.
- Hundreds of people were challaned daily for violating the covid-19 norms.
Even after the implementation of the second lockdown, the number of violators did not decrease.
MORE THAN 700 PEOPLE CHALLANED ON 7TH JUNE 2021-
- On 7th June 2021, Sunday the Delhi Police Department challaned 742 people for not wearing masks.
- 159 people were fined for not maintaining the required social distancing protocols.
“The process of unlocking has been started and we urge people to follow the Covid-appropriate behavior. Use a face mask while coming out of the house, maintain social distance, and regularly sanitize their hands. People should not come out of their homes unnecessarily,” Delhi Police Additional Public Relations Officer (PRO) Anil Mittal reported on Monday.
The Delhi Police Officials on Monday informed that a total of 901 challans and fines were issued in Delhi on the particular date alone. The country is at a stage where the second covid-19 wave is finally slowing down and the government is taking measures to slowly start the unlocking phase in the country. Yet, there is a section of people who are very careless about their health as well as the health of others.
DELHI CHIEF MINISTER’S MESSAGE-
- As the second wave of the pandemic is steadily coming under control, the Chief Minister of Delhi on Saturday announced various relaxations during the second lockdown in Delhi.
- Arvind Kejriwal also appealed to the people to strictly follow the covid-19 guidelines. He further added that now as the situation is improving it is also necessary to revive the country’s economy.
- As the market and other public places are opening, it is the public’s responsibility to be mindful of their actions.
- If not careful, the cases may rise again.