The ongoing pandemic in the country has recently come under control because of a lot of measures taken by the government. The country was under complete lockdown to curb the spread of the second wave of the covid-19. As the spread of the disease is finally coming under control, the state and the central governments are providing various relaxations and the process of unlocking is moving forward.
ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE DELHI TRAFFIC POLICE-
The Delhi Traffic Police department on 14th June 2021, released instructions regarding traffic rules specifically for Chandni Chowk. This announcement was concerned with the vehicles and motorists visiting Chandni Chowk.
The Delhi traffic police department said that as the pandemic took place, various projects that had to be started or completed have been stopped. But, now with the partial unlocking in Delhi, the Delhi government aims to complete such projects. The Delhi traffic police released a gazette mentioning the points that the public needs to follow.
IMPORTANT POINTS MENTIONED IN THE GAZETTE-
- No motor vehicle shall be allowed on the main Chandni Chowk Road from Red Fort to Fatehpuri Mosque from 9 am to 9 pm, till announced otherwise.
- Fire tenders, ambulances, hearse vans, and vehicles carrying pregnant women or patients requiring motorized transport, or vehicles in case of other emergencies will only be allowed.
- Other roads where the restrictions will not apply are Netaji Subhash Marg; Jama Masjid Road up to Chawri Bazar Road crossing; Chawri Bazar Road up to Hauz Qazi Chowk; Lal Kuan Road up to T-Point Katra Bariyan Road; and Katra Bariyan Road up to Fatehpuri Mosque T-Point.
- Parking facilities are available at Parade Ground on Netaji Subhash Marg, ASI parking on Nishad Raj Marg, Tikona Park parking at Red Fort, and Dangal Maidan Parking on SPM Marg.
- Visitors are advised to use public service transport or Metro for visiting Chandni Chowk to avoid inconvenience.
- Non-compliance of notification is liable for penal action under Motor Vehicle Act.
- The general public and motorists are advised to strictly follow traffic instructions and plan their movement accordingly.
These restrictions shall not apply to HC Sen Marg up to Jubli Cinema Cut (opposite Gandhi Maidan Parking); Rai Kedarnath Marg towards main Chandni Chowk Road up to T-Point Rai Kedarnath Marg (Town Hall entry road); Kachha Bagh Road, including Chandni Chowk Metro Station and Ramjas Senior Secondary School No 3, up to main Chandni Chowk Road; Shanti Desai Marg towards main Chandni Chowk Road up to T-Point Shanti Desai Marg (Town Hall exit road) and the road leading to Bagh Diwar Park up to main Chandni Chowk Road (behind Dangal Maidan parking).