RELAXATIONS TO THE PUBLIC-
The country has just recently recovered from the second wave of the covid-19. Many measures were taken by the government, the central and the state, and people followed them to finally get control of the situation. People were not allowed outside their homes, work from home is still encouraged, shops, markets, malls, all were closed.
Now, that the cases of the covid-19 have reduced to an extent, the governments have granted relaxations to the people. People are now allowed a time limit during the day when shops, markets, offices, restaurants, and other similar places are allowed to open. The number of people that are now seen is increasing day by day.
AN INCREASE IN TRAFFIC CAUSES PROBLEMS IN DELHI-
In the capital city of the country, the traffic is returning to its normal situation, along with which the problems faced on roads are also increasing. Traffic violations have risen rapidly in Delhi.
- The traffic police department is issuing hundreds of challans every day to the violators.
- Another major problem that the people in Delhi are now facing is congestion on roads.
- The congestion is highest during the peak hours as the most numbers of people are out during that time.
- As more and more motor vehicles are seen on the roads, issues like parking and slowing down of the traffic is obvious.
- Hence, the traffic police department in Delhi is now focusing more on solving these issues.
DELHI POLICE’S MAIN FOCUS TO SOLVE CONGESTION-
- On 13th July 2021, Muktesh Chander had asked the Delhi traffic police officials to focus more on solving the congestion problem on the Delhi roads.
- He had also warned the police to adhere to their duties, and if they are found not doing the duty properly they will be sent to the police lines.
- The areas where the congestion on roads is highest are ITO, Kashmiri Gate, Peeraghari Chowk, AIIMS, Ashram Chowk, the Lodhi Road Flyover, Sarai Kale Khan, Azadpur, Mukarba Chowk, and Karol Bagh.