MORE RELAXATIONS AFTER LOCKDOWN-
Seeing as the condition has improved during the pandemic in the country, the governments are removing the restrictions that were previously imposed to keep the spread of the covid-19 under control. Now, as more and more relaxations are being given, the cases regarding violations in many areas, especially the traffic violations have been increasing constantly.
For the past few months, the main aim of the police department all over the country had been on checking and maintaining the covid-19 rules. Now, as the unlocking is proceeding forward, the traffic police departments are focusing on maintaining the traffic rules in the country. Many drives have been conducted recently in many places in India, to keep a check on the increasing traffic violations.
SPECIAL DRIVE AGAINST OVER-SPEEDING VEHICLES IN KOLKATA-
In Kolkata, the traffic police department has conducted a special drive against the over-speeding of vehicles. In an interview, the Kolkata traffic police mentioned that one of the increasing traffic violations is of over-speeding of vehicles. And the accidents happening because of this is also increasing in the city.
Hence, to curb the speed violations in Kolkata, the traffic police department has been conducting a special drive against speed violators. This drive has been going on for two weeks now.
VEHICLES CHALLANED FOR OVER-SPEEDING-
- And a total of 1614 vehicles have been challaned and fined for over-speeding of vehicles.
- There are more than 100 cases of speed violations in Kolkata that are being detected by the laser speed guns which are installed on the roads.
- But, a large number of cases of speed violations have been recorded in the EM Bypass alone.
- 50% of the total cases recorded in the two weeks were from the EM Bypass.
- Apart from this, the Basanti Highway, and the Park Street JL-Nehru stretches.
EFFORTS OF THE KOLKATA TRAFFIC POLICE-
- The traffic police have decided to increase the surveillance in these areas.
- More traffic police officials will be deployed and more laser cameras will be installed in the areas where the violations of over-speeding are increasing.
- The traffic police in Kolkata is also planning on installing many speed cameras between Garia and Ultadanga to keep a check on the night drives against trucks.