FRONTLINE WORKERS DURING PANDEMIC-
Since the pandemic began the policemen and the doctors of our country are working tirelessly in the frontline to help the country overcome the pandemic. The doctors are working to help eradicate the covid-19 from the country while the police department is working day and night to make sure that the public is following the covid-19 guidelines.
Amidst all this, it is a very rare incident that occurred in Mumbai where one department helped the other.
ONE FRONTLINE DEPARTMENT HELPING ANOTHER-
The Mumbai police department helped a female doctor get her lost bag back.
- Dr. Komal Jain in the month of May 2021 boarded a local Mumbai cab in Wadala. The frontline doctor was headed back to the BKC covid center for her duty. The doctor then lost her bag in the cab itself.
The doctor then reported the case to the police department in the area and it became a case of one frontline worker helping another.
- To help speed the process, the doctor used the CCTV camera footage of the BKC center to know the cab’s number.
- The cab driver lived in Worli slum and when the doctor visited the area she found the wrong man.
But later it was found that the number Dr. Jain gave the police was the wrong one as the CCTV footage was not so clear.
EFFORTS OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT-
The police department on the other hand was trying every method to help the doctor.
- They connected to the police department at the Bandra traffic chowk on the following days.
- As the CCTV footage of the BKC center was not clear, the police department tried all the combinations of the vehicle in the RTO vehicle records.
- When they found a match and tried the cab driver’s number, it was deactivated.
- The police then checked all the pending e-challans of all the cab drivers and found the current number of the particular driver.
CAB DRIVER’S RESPONSE-
The police then contacted the driver via call. But the latter immediately hung up on the police. When the cab driver called back after an hour, he revealed that he was scared seeing the police call him. The police contacted the cab driver and hence asked him to return Dr. Jain’s bag to her.