The installation of the E-challan system in the country is increasing rapidly. The use of technology is now seen in every sector including the Traffic Police Department in the country.
The E-challan system is proving to be a great help to the Traffic Department. The Traffic Department had to do its entire task manually, but with the E-challan system, the method has become automatic.
E-CHALLAN SYSTEM INSTALLED IN GURUGRAM-
According to the GMDA, the first E-challan was generated on 8th march in Gurugram. This was when Manohar Lal Khattar, the Chief Minister, visited the Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC).
- During the first phase of the project, 1000 CCTV cameras were installed, out of which 300 cameras were for detecting traffic signal violations.
- 2000 cameras will be installed during the second phase, which was supposed to be completed before April 2021, but is now postponed during the
- The Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) has reported that GMDA along with the Traffic Police Department has issued more than 600 e-challans for violators of the traffic rules.
WORKING OF THE E-CHALLAN SYSTEM-
- The CCTV cameras are placed at a height to get an aerial view of the roads.
- They are connected to the traffic system, and as the signal goes red, the cameras capture the pictures of the vehicles violating the traffic rules.
- The report is then sent to the traffic police department; if approved by them an e-challan is generated and sent to the violator in their mobiles.
- The reports contain the photo or the video evidence of the violation.
The CCTV cameras that were installed in the areas, recorded the traffic rules violators and the E-challan system then generated the challans against them through computer software installed in the areas. These are violation detection software that is installed at these spots.
AREAS WITH E-CHALLAN SYSTEM-
The areas where the E-challan system is installed in Gurugram are:
- Rajesh Pilot Chowk
- Bristol Chawk
- Bhaktawar Chawk
- Khusboo Chawk
- Ghata Village T-point
- Jharsa Chawk
- Pataudi Chawk
- Hero Honda Chowk
- Galleria Main Market
- IFFCO Chawk Metro Station
- Srihal Mor
- Sector 12 Chawk
The installation of the E-challan system is under process at 13 other locations in Gurugram.