TALKING ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING-
Very often people tend to forget that some basic traffic rules while driving. Not following the rules sometimes costs people a lot. In a report submitted by traffic police officials, more than 50 % of the road accidents that happen in the country are because the motorists were found violating some traffic rules. One of the most common traffic rules violations is talking on the phone or using electronic devices while driving.
Talking on the phone while driving is a serious offense, this is because this causes a distraction for the driver and may lead to road accidents. But, most people do not take this rule seriously and are often found talking on the phone while driving.
PUNISHMENT FOR TALKING ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING IN MUMBAI-
After the installation of the CCTV cameras on the roads of Mumbai, it is not very difficult for the traffic police department to punish the violators. When the violators are caught on the CCTV cameras, they instantly receive an e-challan in the registered mobile phones. The violator will then need to pay their fines by either going to their nearest traffic booth or by paying the fine online.
- If a motorist is caught using electronic devices or talking on the phone while driving in Mumbai, the violator will be issued a challan and will need to pay a fine of Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 5,000, depending on the number of times you were fined for the same violation.
- This penalty is stated under the Amended Motor vehicles Act Section 177.
- Under the Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Rules section 250 (A) also has the punishment for this violation.
PAY YOUR FINE-
- To pay the fine online, the violator will first need to go to the official by click on
- You will be taken to the front page of the website where you will need to enter all the necessary details asked.
- To continue further, select the payment method.
- Enter the amount charged to you.
- After the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile phone.