Due to the corona disease, going out of our houses is restricted; forget about travelling across states in the country. As the second wave of the covid-19 is slowly getting under control, the central government and the state governments in their own paces are extending relaxations under the covid-19 guidelines.
RELAXATIONS BY THE MAHARASHTRA GOVERNMENT-
The Maharashtra government has also extended certain relaxations under the lockdown norms. One such relaxation is the travelling inter-district in the state itself.
The second lockdown in Maharashtra is till 15th June 2021. But the government has given some liberties during this time.
The people who are needed to travel inter districts in the state of Maharashtra and now required to get an E-Pass.
WHO NEEDS AN E-PASS?
Presently, no person is allowed to travel inter-district in the state. Under very special cases are people allowed to travel. Such cases are-
- death, or,
- medical emergencies.
But now, people who need to travel inter-districts can get an E-pass for the purpose.
The E-pass will have details of the person travelling, car number, validity of the pass and a QR code.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE E-PASS FORM-
- An identity proof
- Medical fitness certificate
- Wedding cards or related documents, if going for a wedding
- Medical reports, if travelling for medical emergencies
- Death certificate, in case of death
- In case of other emergencies, related documents are needed.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR AN E-PASS IN MAHARASHTRA-
- Go to the official E-pass portal for Maharashtra.
- Click on ‘Apply for the pass here.
- Select the district you want to travel to.
- Upload the necessary documents asked. Combine all the documents in a single file before uploading.
- State the emergency reason for your travel.
- You will receive a token ID after submitting the form for the E-pass.
- You will receive approval after the verification of the form by the concerned department.
- You can check the status of your form using the token ID, and if approved use it to download the E-pass.
- Make a soft or a hard copy of the E-pass to show to the police while travelling.