NEW INCOME TAX PORTAL-
On 7th June 2021, the government had launched a new Income Tax portal. This Income Tax portal had better and new features than the old Income Tax portal. It was more user-friendly and had advanced features as well.
The government had paid a total sum of Rs. 164.5 crores to Infosys to develop a new Income Tax portal for the government. This was announced in the year 2019, that the government will be launching a new portal. And the portal was launched this year in the month of June.
GLITCHES IN THE NEW INCOME TAX PORTAL-
But, a few days after the launch of the new Income Tax portal, the government had received many complaints about the new Income Tax portals.
- Many users were facing a lot of glitches while using the portal.
- The taxpayers are experiencing constant glitches while using the portal; such issues are causing the portal to slow down.
- The glitches are related to technical issues in the portal, or slow functioning of the portal, or non-availability of some features.
The government had taken a few steps to help the users of the new Income Tax portal.
STEPS BEING TAKEN TO SOLVE THE ISSUES-
- Hence, to deal with the glitches that have been occurring in the new Income Tax portal, the government had asked Infosys to solve the problems that have been occurring.
- Infosys has agreed to solve these issues that the taxpayers are facing on the new Income Tax portal.
- Infosys then informed that the technical issues and other glitches faced by the taxpayers are being fixed continuously.
- The feedback of the taxpayers is being used to resolve the glitches and issues.