EFFECTS ON MONSOON IN INDIA-
The monsoon rainfall has been continuing in many parts of India for some time now. The heavy rainfall has caused a lot of hindrance in these places. Problems like waterlogging due to continuous rainfall, landslides in many places have occurred due to this monsoon rainfall. Many roads were damaged because of the continuous heavy rainfall that the places have been experiencing. And one such incident had occurred recently in Thane.
SPLINTERED MUMBRA BYPASS HIGHWAY-
The Mumbra bypass flyover on 29th July 2021 was splintered. This caused a lot of trouble to the traffic on the Eastern Express Highway.
- This incident occurred at midnight on Thursday.
- And was reported to the traffic police department at around 1:30 a.m.
- For a couple of hours, the caved-in road at the highway caused a lot of difficulty to the motorists traveling via the highway.
- The Thane Municipal Corporation told that they have reported the incident around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- The broken patch was on the Rana Nagar stretch of the Mumbra bypass flyover.
- This patch was around four to five feet long.
- The Thane Municipal Corporation told that as they received the message regarding the splintered they along with the officials of the Thane traffic police and the officials of the Regional Disaster Management team rushed to the spot.
HEAVY TRAFFIC DUE TO THE DAMAGED BYPASS-
To reduce the chances of any road accidents occurring due to the splintered road, the officials present had closed the road temporarily. Balasaheb Patil, the deputy commissioner of the Thane traffic police said that personnel have been deployed in the Mumbra bypass flyover to maintain the traffic in the flyover.
- In the Mumbra bypass flyover, more than 50,000 vehicles can be seen daily.
- These vehicles are from all the nearby regions like Bhiwandi, Taloja, Panvel, JNPT, and many more.
- And because of the disruption of the flyover, these vehicles had to be diverted along the Kalwa Bridge, Thane Belapur Road, Mulund Airoli, Link road, Kalyan Shil Phata Road, Mumbai Nashik highway, Godhbunder road, and the Eastern express highway as well.
- This caused a sudden increase in the traffic on these roads where the traffic had been diverted.
- Hence, it resulted in heavy traffic snarls on such roads. The traffic police personnel have to be deployed in these areas as well.