HIGH-SECURITY REGISTRATION PLATES TO REDUCE VEHICLE THEFT AND TAMPERING OF VEHICLE NUMBERS FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE.
security registration to reduce theft
The ministry of road transport and highway mandates high-security registration plates to reduce vehicle theft and tampering of vehicle numbers for unauthorized use. The number plates will be installed through nonreplaceable locks to ensure their durability on the vehicle. It is mandated only in 3 states i.e UP, HP, and Delhi for vehicles registered on or after 1st April 2019. The HSRP helps the authorities to find stolen vehicles through the 10 digits permanent identification number (PIN) affix on the registration plate.
How to apply for a High-security registration plate
2. Select the type of number plate you want.
3. Select your state and enter your vehicle registration number.
4. Enter your fitment location and select your appointment slot.
5. Verify the details and make the payment.
6. similarly You can reschedule the appointment date on the portal in case of any schedule conflict.
7. You can track the status of your order for number plate on the portal.
8. The number plate deliver to your doorstep and can install by visiting the dealer of the vehicle.
Is it mandatory to get a high-security registration plate?
It is only mandatory for vehicles to register or sells on or after 1st April 2019.
The vehicle owners should ensure a high-security registration plate having a chromium-based hologram of 20mmx20mm on the left-hand corner of the plate. the hologram shall contain a chakra in blue color.
The number plate shall contain a 10 digit permanent identification (PIN) laser branded with a reflective sheet on the bottom left corner of the number plate of 5mm letter size.
Penalty for contravention
The law has a mandate only in Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, and Delhi. In conclusion, the penalty will be applicable only on vehicles registered in these states. The fine for violation of this law is 5500 and is compoundable.
Table of Content