TRAFFIC PROBLEM INCREASES IN INDIA-
Traffic and parking have been an increasing problem in the entire country. With the number of vehicles increasing on roads the traffic is surely affected by this. But, another major problem is that of the parking. With the limited parking space and the increasing number of vehicles, people have to suffer a lot.
Due to the pandemic, this problem had subdued a bit. As lockdown was implemented in the whole country twice and the state-wise lockdown was also implemented, the number of vehicles on roads had decreased to a large extend. As the unlocking is moving forward, and relaxations are being granted to the people, the number of vehicles is also increasing. This in turn is causing traffic-related problems.
STEP TO REDUCE TRAFFIC IN PUNE-
To deal with the parking problems in Pune, the traffic police department has initiated a few programs. Recently, the Pune traffic police department announced that they will be introducing P1/P2 parking system in Pune.
- This system has been initiated to reduce the burden of vehicles on daily traffic. Lack of parking space for the growing vehicles hampers the traffic a lot.
- Under this system, parking will be allowed on only one side of the road. And alternate days will be allotted to odd and even number vehicles that may use the parking space on the roadside.
- This system has been launched on two roads in Vimannagar on 23rd July 2021.
- This new parking system is to be implemented on a 200m stretch between Konarknagar and CCD Chowk.
- It will also be implemented on a 100 m stretch between CCD Chowk and Oakwood society.
Rahul Sriramme, the Deputy Commissioner of the Pune traffic police department, in an interview, told that this step is help decongest the roads in Pune and help the slowing moving of the traffic in the city.