DECREASE IN TRAFFIC DURING LOCKDOWN-
The country has been recently recovering from the second wave of covid-19. Due to the spread of the disease the whole nation was under complete lockdown. People were only allowed outside if there was an emergency. This is the reason because of which the roads across the country were seen empty. Hardly, a few people were seen outside. Therefore, the usual traffic was also reduced massively throughout India.
TRAFFIC AS UNLOCKING PROGRESSES-
Now, as the governments have initiated the process of unlocking, they are providing many relaxations to the people. A limited time has been given during the day when the opening of the shops, markets, mall, offices are allowed. Hence, people are now seen on the roads in India. A similar situation has been reported in the district of Aurangabad. With the unlocking advancing, the traffic in Aurangabad is also increasing.
TRAFFIC HIKE IN AURANGABAD-
The traffic police department in Aurangabad has reported a hike in the number of motor vehicles on the roads in the district after the relaxations have been granted. And along with it the number of traffic violations has also been increasing. Along with the large number of vehicles running on the roads, there is also a problem of unorganized parking in Aurangabad.
PROBLEMS CAUSED DUE TO MORE VEHICLES-
- The unorganized parking in various areas also leads to traffic congestion.
- The vehicles are parked randomly on the edges of the roads without any consideration of how it will hamper the movement of the vehicles.
- This slows down the increasing traffic on the roads.
- To deal with the increasing number of traffic in Aurangabad, the traffic police department has announced that they have started the odd-even parking system in several areas in Aurangabad district, Maharashtra.
EVEN ODD PARKING SYSTEM IS ENABLED-
- The Aurangabad traffic police department has recently sent a proposal to the collector’s office seeking approval for the even-odd parking system in the district.
- The proposal was then approved and was implemented from 6th July 2021.
- The even-odd parking system is mainly focused on the areas where traffic is heavy in Aurangabad. The system is enforced on thirty roads in the district. They include Paithan (four roads), Gangapur (six), Phulambri (two), Sillegaon (one), Vaijapur (three), Kannad city (three), Khultabad (one), Sillod city (three), Soyegaon (four), Pachod (one), Bidkin (two).