Payment of BCTT & FBT Challan ITNS 283 is used for payment of Banking cash transaction tax(BCTT) and Fringe benefit taxes(FBT). Sec 95 of Income tax act levies a tax of 0.1% on the value of every taxable transaction entered with your bank. FBT is taxes levied on the employer for the benefits extended to its employees as reduced by the amount recovered from the employee. FBT is levied at a flat rate of 30%. The detail to be filled in the form includes the Pan number, account details of the bank from which the payment will be made, and common details. The payment of both taxes can be paid through the Challan no. ITNS 283. You can save the pdf form of challan no. 283 from this link
Payment of Challan through online portal
- Visit https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp
- It will display the list of Challan numbers.
- Click on the particular Challan you need to pay for.
- Enter your Pan no. for validation.
- Complete the details and pay online through the available mode of payments.
- You can track the status of your submitted Challan on the portal.