PANDEMIC AND ITS EFFECT IN INDIA-
The ongoing pandemic had taken a huge toll on the country. The government has made many guidelines and rules for the public to follow. Recently, the second wave of covid-19 hit India very badly and many major steps were taken to control the spread of the disease further. The country faced a complete lockdown for the second time to deal with the pandemic. And because of this, people were not allowed to come out of their houses unless in case of an emergency.
- During a normal day, there is huge traffic on the roads throughout because of lakhs of motor vehicles running on the roads.
- The government had renewed the traffic rules keeping in mind the current situations, which also causes the increase in the number of traffic violations.
- Every day there are thousands of cases relating to traffic violations alone. Huge amounts of challans are issued by the police to the violators for different violations.
IMPACT OF UNLOCK 3 IN DELHI-
Since the complete lockdown, as the number of people outside their houses is very less, the cases regarding traffic violations also decreased rapidly. But now, as the spread of the covid-19 is under control, the government has provided some relaxations under the guidelines. Due to which people are coming out.
- After the second lockdown in Delhi, the government has now allowed certain relaxation to the capital city. Under which, the supermarkets, malls, and shops can be opened up to a certain time.
- But after the announcement was made in Delhi, there is seen a rapid increase in the challans issued by the Delhi Police department.
- The shops and markets are allowed to be open but the shopkeepers are bound to follow the norms of the government.
- But, last week in Delhi it was reported that a huge number of shopkeepers fail to follow the covid norms. Day by day the number of people getting penalized in the capital city is increasing.
INCREASE IN CHALLANS IN DELHI-
Relaxations were gradually granted in New Delhi and simultaneously the number of challans issued was also increasing.
- During the first week when manufacturing units and sites were allowed to open the number of challans issued was around 3900 daily.
- During the second time, when shops and markets were allowed to open on an odd-even basis the number of challans issued increased up to 4500.
- When more relaxations were granted from 17th June 2021, the number of challans issued daily increased rapidly to around 5500.
- According to the Delhi government, more than 20,000 challans were issued from 14th June 2021 alone in Delhi. This figure is recorded for 11 districts of the capital city.
As the process of unlocking is proceeding forward, the number of violations are also increasing throughout the country. People are being careless just because the situation is under control now. But following the guidelines of the governments is very necessary.