ITR E-FILING METHOD-
Income Tax Return E-Filing portal is a website where people can file their documents for Income Tax returns. For this, the government has a website that makes it easier for people to file their Income Tax Return from their homes, without going to the Income Tax offices.
NEW ITR E-FILING PORTAL-
- The Income Tax Department on 7th June 2021 launched its new ITR E-filing Portal.
- Its main aim is to be more user-friendly for the taxpayers. The taxpayers can now log in to the portal for free and without any difficulties.
“Dear taxpayer, The Income Tax Department is happy to inform you of the launch of its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June 2021,” the Tax Department said in messages sent to taxpayers.
NEW FEATURES IN THE ITR E-FILING PORTAL-
- The Income Tax Return processing will be immediate in issuing quick returns to the taxpayers.
- All interactions, uploads, or pending actions will be shown on a single dashboard for the taxpayer.
- Free Income Tax Return preparation software is available for ITR 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline). ITR 3, 5, 6, and 7 will be made available very shortly.
- Taxpayers will now be able to update their profile anytime regarding salary, house property, business, or profession which is used in pre-filling the Income Tax Return.
- Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend, and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are –uploaded.
- New call centers are now available to help the taxpayers deal with any issue they are facing.
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, submit responses to notices in faceless scrutiny or appeals would also be available.
- The new online tax payment system is incorporated with multiple payment options like net banking, UPI, credit cards, and many more.
“New tax payment system will be launched on June 18th, 2021 after the advance tax installment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience. The mobile app will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features,” the finance ministry statement said.