UNLOCKING PROGRESSES IN INDIA-
With the second wave of covid-19 coming under control, the state and the central governments are releasing many relaxations. A limited time is given during the day when offices, malls, markets may open, people are allowed outside. But, the night curfew is still going on in the entire country.
But, with more and more relaxations that are being given out, the number of traffic violations is also increasing rapidly. The traffic police department is undertaking various steps and conducting many drives to curb the increasing traffic violations in the country.
ILLEGAL USE OF BEACON IN KOLKATA-
Recently, many cases regarding the illegal use of beacons on vehicles have come forth in Kolkata. Hence, the traffic police department has opted for a different approach to make people aware of the rules regarding the use of beacons on vehicles.
- The Kolkata traffic police department on 22nd July 2021 gave out beacon rule books to the violators.
- There are many instances all over the country, where the violators are found arguing with the police officials when challaned or fined for any traffic offense they have committed.
- Instead of accepting their mistakes, some violators abuse and in some cases attack the traffic cops.
STEPS TAKEN TO CURB THE ILLEGAL USE OF BEACONS-
- To deal with cases related to illegal beacon use, on 22nd July 2021, the Kolkata traffic police department started a special drive where they handed out beacon rules books to the traffic violators to know exactly why they are being charged.
- This will also prevent the violators from arguing and abusing the traffic police officials.
- 56 motor vehicles in the Lalbazar area were asked to remove the beacon that was being used by the motorists illegally. This was the number recorded on Thursday alone.
- A total of 370 cases of illegal use of the beacon on motor vehicles were recorded from 17th July 2021.
Traffic police from Tiljala Guard, said, “Once an offender reads the documents, we ask them why they violated the rules”.