The Police Department on Sunday maintained a very strict check in the city of Allahabad. The Police Officials were driving in various areas to see the maintenance of the covid-19 protocols.
COMPLAINTS TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT-
- The Department recently had received numerous complaints against the grocery shop owners saying that the shops were opened post the time allotted with half the shutters closed. Hence, the police decided to take a round of such areas and punish the violators for the same.
The Police Department took measures to make sure that the people follow the covid-19 norms by the government.
- The areas where the Police focused more were Cantt, Ashoke Nagar, Chowk, Mutthiganj, Shivkuti, and the adjoining areas.
- Many areas were empty and no person was found outside without any valid reason. But there were areas where a number of people were seen outside their homes without any valid reasons.
MANY PEOPLE WERE CHALLANED AND FINED-
Despite the increasing number of cases due to covid and all the precautions taken by the government, people were still seen with a careless attitude.
- Over 400 vehicles were challenged by the Police team for not having proper documents.
- The Police Department fined over 250 people for not wearing masks in the last 24 hours in these areas alone.
- Around 3000 vehicles were checked by the Police team during their patrol duty on a weekend day.
- 24 people were arrested for major violations of the lockdown guidelines.
- Over 20 FIR cases were filed against violators on a Sunday.