GUIDELINES REGARDING UNLOCKING-
The country was hit by the second wave of the covid-19, the disease spread very rapidly throughout the country. To control the spread of the covid-19, the government had announced a complete lockdown in the entire country. As the spread of the disease was finally under control, the government began the process of unlocking it gradually. A certain time limit is allowed for offices, malls, markets, and restaurants to open. People can be seen outside more during this time. But, it is necessary for the people to follow the covid guidelines while remaining outside.
COVID GUIDELINES’ VIOLATIONS IN CHENNAI-
But, it was a very different scenario in Chennai on 28th June 2021.
- The markets in the city were busier than any other day.
- But, it was also noticed that a very large part of the crowd was not following the covid-19 guidelines.
- The following rules were very poor in religious places.
- People were seen without masks and there was no maintenance of two feet distance in the religious places.
- The scene in the commercial areas like the malls and the airport was a slight improvement.
- No sanitization was provided for visitors.
TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS IN CHENNAI-
There was huge traffic in many areas of Chennai on 28th June 2021. But, the number of cases regarding covid traffic violations was equally high. The traffic police department in Chennai issued challans to numerous motorists who were without masks; among which were mostly owners of two-wheelers.
- Velachery Main Road, Nanganallur Main Road, and other arterial areas in Chennai were flooded with traffic on Monday.
- The inter-district traveling was operated for 26 districts.
- The city experienced rain in the morning and hence, the Marina beach was not crowded in the morning.
- And the same was the situation in the government museums.