INCREASE OF ROAD DEATHS-
The number of death caused due to roads accidents are increasing in Bhopal. In 2021, in six months more than 100 people have lost their lives to road accidents. In almost all the cases, more than two casualties have been reported. Many hit and run cases were also reported in the traffic police department at Bhopal.
The traffic police department in Bhopal said that the main cause of the increasing road accidents in Bhopal is because of the love of speed in the motorists. The number of high-end motor vehicles has increased in number, and drivers tend to drive over speed while driving.
FOCUS ON COVID GUIDELINES-
As the country has been going through a tough time, the main focus of the police department had been to ensure whether or not the people follow the covid guideline given by the government. Due to this, motorists have started violating other traffic rules.
- To reduce the chances of road accidents, the traffic police in Bhopal have now started checking motor vehicles is it commercial or school vehicles.
- Checking of helmets, seatbelts, and drinking and driving have been made mandatory.
- Apart from this, checking of speeding vehicles so as to avoid road accidents is also necessary.
MEASURES TAKEN TO REDUCE ACCIDENTS IN BHOPAL-
A fatal accident occurred in Bhopal which caused the police to be more cautious of road accidents. Sl Manjhi died in an accident and was dragged for over 500 meters by an SUV.
- There are very few or no mechanisms to check the violations happening across the city.
- This made the Bhopal traffic police department take more measures so as to prevent road accidents.
- The police installed CCTV cameras at various points throughout the city to check if any violations have taken place.
- The e-challan systems are also working in the city.
- High-tech interceptors are now be installed with speed radar and high-end CCTV cameras.