UNEMPLOYMENT A MAJOR PROBLEM IN INDIA-
Unemployment is a major problem that the country has been dealing with for many years now. With the increasing population in India, providing employment has become more and more difficult. Now with the pandemic going on, earning has become a matter of great concern for a large crowd in India. Many people have lost their jobs because of covid-19.
Due to these reasons, people are taking harsh steps to earn a living, irrespective of their chosen methods are wrong or right.
MAN POSES AS AN INCOME TAX OFFICER-
An incident had occurred in Ghaziabad, where a man was found pretending to be an income tax officer. This man was arrested by the police, and it came into notice that he was posing as an income tax officer for seeking benefits.
- On 20th July 2021, a man named Mohammad Rafique was arrested in Ghaziabad. He is a 28 year’s old B. Tech engineer. Rafique is originally from Jharkhand.
- In the interrogation, Mohammad said that although he was a B. Tech engineer, he is jobless for four years now. Recently, he started introducing himself as an income tax officer and was seeking many benefits under that.
The police mentioned that Mohammad was found staying in a hotel in Ghaziabad for almost three months without paying any charges for it. He checked in the hotel on April 27th, 2021, and has been staying there ever since. On inquiry, it was found that when the staff asked him about the charges, he would threaten them.
- While interrogating, the accused revealed that he was jobless for quite some time now, and one day when his parents asked him about his job, he told them he was selected for a government job.
- He told his parents that he was an income tax inspector; since then he was introducing himself as an income tax officer to everybody.
- He also made fake documents to prove he was an income tax inspector.
- Mohammad Rafique also mentioned that he was engaged to a woman, and had told her that he was an income tax officer.
CHARGED UNDER IPC SECTIONS-
Mohammad Rafique was arrested in Ghaziabad from the hotel he was staying in allegedly for three months. He is charged under the following Sections:
- IPC Section 420 where he is accused of
- IPC Section 467, for making fake documents.
- IPC Section 468, forgery done for the purpose of cheating.
- IPC Section 471 using a fake document as a genuine one, be it a hard copy or a soft copy.
- IPC Section 470 for forgery.