TRAFFIC RETURNING TO NORMALCY-
With the spread of the covid-19 disease, many measures and restrictions were implemented to curb the spread. The government had asked the people to follow the rules so that people could be safe from the disease. The frontline workers like the doctors, police officials and many others have been working unflaggingly to hold back any further damage that can be caused by this deadly disease.
Therefore, the main focus of the police officials has been on maintaining the covid-19 instructions. As the government is progressing with the unlocking, they are also providing the public with various ease. The crowd in public places is also increasing, and with that, traffic violations and road accidents are also increasing in the country. Many drives and measures are being taken to decrease the number of accidents and violations.
MEETING TO DISCUSS MEASURES AGAINST ROAD ACCIDENTS IN RAJKOT-
In Rajkot, the traffic police department had held a meeting where the topic of discussion was road accidents and safety measures.
- According to a survey, 24 % of the total accidents occurring in Rajkot are caused due to over speeding vehicles and overtaking at wrong turns.
- On 16th July 2021, the traffic police department in Rajkot held a meeting where they discussed road safety measures.
- Many short documentaries were shown in the meeting to spread awareness against road accidents. Safety measures that should be followed by people were discussed.
MEASURES THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN RAJKOT-
- Road Safety Commissioner, Lalit Padaliya also put forward many procedures that the traffic police needs to follow to keep a better check on traffic violations that may lead to road accidents.
- Manoj Agarwal, Rajkot Police Commissioner also suggested to the Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC) that relevant signboards should be placed to avoid accidents.
- Speed breakers and signboards in accident-prone areas are a necessity said the Rajkot Police Commissioner.
- With the ongoing construction work on many flyovers in Rajkot, many diversions have to be created to avoid traffic and accidents.