UPDATES ON THE COVID-19 NORMS IN MAHARASHTRA-
The government is trying all they can to help slow down the spread of the coronavirus in the country, be it the state government or the central government.
It may not be very easy to take out cars on the roads of Maharashtra. The state government has made it very clear that the strict lockdown guidelines will be followed throughout the state until the covid-19 cases are under control.
The government said that traffic guidelines and rules may become stricter in the entire state very soon. This will continue in the ongoing lockdown that is being followed in Maharashtra.
HEAVY TRAFFIC IN MAHARASHTRA DURING LOCKDOWN-
Despite the ongoing lockdown, there is reportedly very heavy traffic in the state. In a situation where there should be little to no cars seen on the roads, there are heavy traffic jams in the state.
Hence, to get control of the situation and to make sure that people are following the norms of the government, stricter traffic rules will very soon be implemented in the entire state of Maharashtra.
“I myself cross-checked my speech made last night. I did not say that Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted,” said Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on his concerns about Mumbai traffic during the lockdown.
EXEMPTIONS FOR VEHICLES DURING THE PANDEMIC-
- According to the covid-19 guidelines, no vehicle is allowed on the roads without proper validations from the local authorities.
- Vehicles used for essential services are exempted from this rule.
- Vehicles used in health departments are also exempted.
TRAFFIC CHALLANS ISSUED IN THE STATE-
In the second lockdown that was extended till 15th June 2021, it was expected that the number of covid-19 cases would decrease in Maharashtra. But with the increase in traffic jams in the state, it is now a concern that this may cause the corona cases to rise again.
- The Mumbai Traffic Police Department is issuing challans collecting heavy fines from the people violating these protocols.
- More than 50 lakh drivers have received challans for violating various covid-19 rules in the last six months itself.
- And more than a thousand cases are recorded every day in the state concerning these violations.
STEPS TAKEN TO SOLVE TRAFFIC ISSUES IN MUMBAI-
- Earlier, the Mumbai Police Department had also introduced a color-coded system for the cars in Mumbai to deal with the traffic issues in the city. But, the system was recently discontinued.
- To control the heavy traffic in Mumbai, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on 31st May 2021, inaugurated two Metro lines between Dahanukarwadi and Aarey stations, in hope that this will help with the traffic jams in Mumbai.