HIKE IN TRAFFIC AFTER UNLOCKING-
After the relaxations that were granted in the country, there is a hike in the traffic violations that were recorded throughout the country. This was seen from the end of 2020. Now, as more and more relaxations have been granted the traffic in the country has also increased. This has caused the traffic problems to return in the big cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and many more. The traffic police and local authorities are taking various steps to deal with such issues.
TRAFFIC SNARLS IN MUMBAI-
After the unlocking, the traffic increased drastically in Mumbai too. A huge number of motor vehicles running on the roads in Mumbai could be seen after a long time. But, this has also affected the traffic. Due to the large vehicles, the traffic has apparently slowed down in Mumbai. This has resulted in traffic jams in many places throughout Mumbai.
NEW RULE TO HELP CURB CONGESTION-
Hence, to deal with the traffic jams in Mumbai, Hemant Nagrale, the traffic police Commissioner in Mumbai, recently released a circular stating a new rule to help the smooth flowing of traffic in Mumbai.
- The circular was released on 29th July 2021.
- The circular stated that keeping in mind the increasing traffic that is causing jams in the city, the traffic police are requested not to check cars individually until further notice.
- This is because stopping each and every motor vehicle and checking them slows down the traffic movement and increases congestion.
- The checking of the violators can be done via CCTV cameras.
Hemant Nagrale said “During joint nakabandies by the traffic police and local policemen, the traffic police will only act against traffic violations and not examine vehicles. If these instructions are not strictly implemented, the senior inspector of the concerned traffic chowky will be held responsible.”
- These instructions are to be strictly followed by the traffic police department of Mumbai.
- According to the circular checking for violators and traffic violations can be done by the e-system.
- And the violators can be penalized and challaned according to the Motor Vehicles Act.
- But, the traffic department has to refrain from checking the vehicles even if in case of suspension.