TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS INCREASES-
As the unlocking is advancing in the country and more and more people are seen outside their homes during the time allotted by the government, the number of violations on roads is also increasing. It is the duty of the police department to make sure that the public is following the guidelines that are laid down by the government regarding the unlocking.
ABUSE AGAINST TRAFFIC POLICE-
Despite the efforts of the police department, there are many cases reported against people who have misbehaved, harmed, or abused the police officials on duty. And such cases are reported very often.
Recently a similar case had occurred in Noida; where a man tried to overthrow a traffic police officer who was on duty.
OVERTHROW OF A TRAFFIC COP IN NOIDA-
- Ajay Singhal, a general manager of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) tried to mow down a traffic police constable with his car.
- This incident took place at the Khoda intersection, Noida.
- It was a Sunday evening when the NTPC worker tried to overthrow the constable.
- On Sunday, Constable Ashutosh Singh was clicking a picture of a motorcycle that was parked on the wrong side of the road so that he could issue a challan against the biker.
- Ajay Singh who was traveling in his white Swift thought the Constable was clicking the picture of his car.
- That was when he sped towards Section 56. In doing so, he almost overthrew Constable Ashutosh Singh.
- Seeing the speeding car coming towards him, the Constable jumped to the side or else he would have suffered a very serious leg injury.
ARREST OF THE MOTORIST-
- The whole incident was recorded by the constable on his mobile phone. Although Ajay Singhal stopped his car and returned to the Constable.
- When Ashutosh Singh asked why he sped his car, Ajay Singh slapped the Constable and threw the phone on the ground.
- Seeing this, the shopkeepers nearby and many onlookers rushed to the site and also informed the police. The whole incident got viral on the internet.
- The police arrived very shortly and arrested Ajay Singhal. His car, a white Swift was also seized.
- An FIR was registered against him and under Section 279 (rash driving), 323 (punishment for voluntarily inflicting damage), 504 (breach of peace), 332 (inflicting damage to a public servant within the discharge of his responsibility), 353 (assault or prison pressure to discourage public servant from discharge of his responsibility) and 307 (try and homicide).