ADOPTING ONLINE METHODS AFTER PANDEMIC-
After the pandemic hit India, the government had implemented immediate lockdown throughout the country. During the lockdown, everything had come to an abrupt halt including schools, colleges, offices, shops, markets, restaurants, and many other places. So, to continue with their work most of the people opted for the online mode.
E-CHALLAN SYSTEM IN INDIA-
Offices, schools, and many other departments including the traffic police department in India had started using online methods for various works.
- Most of the states in India have installed the e-challan system in their states.
- By this, the traffic violators will be recorded by the CCTV cameras that are being installed on the roads.
- Each violator will then receive an instant e-challan in their phone number through the e-challan system.
- Not only this, but the central government has also launched an online portal where the people can not only check their challan status but can also pay their due fines through the portal.
- Now, many states have also launched an online portal where people can check their challan status in their respective states.
ONLINE PAYMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES TAX IN HARYANA-
The state of Haryana has recently launched a similar online portal where people in Haryana can now make payments relating to motor vehicles. The fine collecting process was done manually in Haryana, where the violators had to go to the fine collecting booths and clear their fines.
There are ten booths in Haryana where the fines relating to the violations of the traffic rules are done. These booths are located in Gurgaon, Faridabad, Rewari, Jhajjar, Bhiwani, Sirsa, Jind, Panchkula, Ambala, and Sonipat.
- Now, the Haryana government has decided to close all these fine collecting points and make the process completely online.
- This decision was taken under the Haryana Motor Vehicles Act, 2016, Section 3.
- The Haryana government also mentioned that motorists can now also pay their taxes via the online portal.
- They have also released detailed guidelines regarding the online portal.