WORK DISCONTINUED DURING LOCKDOWN-
Due to the spread of the deadly second wave of the covid-19, the country was under complete lockdown. As a result of which many works had come to an abrupt pause and much work could not be started because of the lockdown as well. This is why the Pune Mumbai highway could not be repaired before. But now with the unlocking going on, the infrastructure work was started on the highway.
PUNE-MUMBAI HIGHWAY REPAIRED-
Recently, a completion certificate was released by the Civic Body officials to the Rotary traffic and Grade separators at the Bhakti-Shakti Chowk on the Pune Mumbai highway.
- This completion certificate was released three weeks ago. In a notice, the Cicic Body officials also mentioned that although the Pune Mumbai highway is ready to use, some minor work is yet to be completed.
- As the highway was closed as the highway was undergoing some construction work, the motorists had to face some inconvenience because of it.
- The commuters also reported their complaints against the trouble they had to face to the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
“We received many complaints from citizens of inconvenience caused due to stalled opening of the infrastructure. Hence, keeping citizens’ convenience in mind, we decided to go ahead with the inauguration,” said Sanjay Waghere, member of the NCP.
INAUGURATION OF THE HIGHWAY AFTER REPAIRING-
- The Civic Body officials mentioned that though the Pune Mumbai highway is not yet officially inaugurated. But, the traffic police officials have reported having seen some motor vehicles traveling via the Pune Mumbai highway.
- The Pune Mumbai highway was recently inaugurated by the leaders of the Shiv Sena party and the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).