NOISE POLLUTION INCREASES-
As the lockdown has been removed in the country and relaxations have been granted to the people, the number of motor vehicles on roads is increasing. The traffic situation is returning to normalcy slowly. Traffic is a common problem in India because of the large population. But another major problem that is rising is that of noise pollution.
- There are many motor vehicles running on roads that increase the pollution because of the old technologies.
- The motorists do not update their vehicles which turn out to be harmful to the environment.
SPECIAL DRIVE TO CURB NOISE POLLUTION-
The DCP in the area, in an interview, said that they have been receiving complaints about noise pollution caused by motor vehicles from residents in the areas including the senior citizens. Hence, they had taken action against such vehicles.
- The traffic police department in Thane has started a special drive for modifying the silencers in motor vehicles.
- This is an effort from the traffic police to reduce the rising noise pollution. In the last fortnight, the traffic police department received massive success in the special drive.
- More than 1200 motorists were caught and strict actions were taken against them.
- They were asked to modify the silencers in their vehicles very soon. In the month of June 2021, the Thane traffic police department crushed a high decibel of silencers as a way to curb the increasing noise pollution.
- The traffic police previously had also conducted a similar drive from various units in Thane; from Kopri till Ambernath.
- This was conducted from 15th June 2021 till 4th July 2021.
- During this drive, strict actions were taken against 490 motor vehicles; out of which horns of more than 230 vehicles were removed on spot.