HEAVY RAINFALL IN MUMBAI-
Mumbai and the regions nearby the city are now experiencing monsoon rainfall for quite a few days now. The monsoon rains have been continuous and heavy in the city. Many areas are also suffering from massive waterlogging and also flood that has been caused by the heavy rainfall.
The traffic has also been affected a lot by the heavy rainfall. It is frequently reported that huge traffic jams have occurred because of the effects of heavy rainfall. Seeing the current situation where only a limited time is allowed when people can go outside and the heavy rainfall creates problems during such times.
EFFECTS OF RAINFALL IN MUMBAI-BANGALORE HIGHWAY-
The traffic on the Mumbai- Bangalore highway was affected very badly due to the heavy rainfall in Mumbai. On 23rd July 2021, a large part of the highway was flooded with rainwater, and the traffic was disrupted because of this.
- On Friday, the Belgaum district of Karnataka was flooded with rainwater.
- This resulted in no vehicular movements on the roads of the Belgaum
- In an effort to not adding more problems in the Belgaum district, the traffic police in Maharashtra stopped any vehicles from entering Karnataka.
- Due to the continuous rainfall in many parts of Kolhapur, the Panchganga River was also flowing over the danger mark.
- This is the reason because of which, traffic was highly affected on the Mumbai-Bangalore highway.
- As many as 47 villages in Kolhapur were submerged underwater.
- But, seeing the worsening conditions of Karnataka, the Mumbai police decided to stop the vehicles from moving towards the Karnataka regions.