EFFECT OF PANDEMIC ON WORK-
The spread of the second wave of the covid-19 has finally subsided to a certain extent in the country. The government had to implement a complete lockdown in the entire country for the second time in India to control the spread of the virus. Work in every area had come to an abrupt pause because people were not allowed outside their homes, work from home was encouraged. Among all this, the work that requires a presence on fields like construction etc had to be paused until the situation was good.
RESUMING WORK IN SOUTH MUMBAI-
Now, as the situation has come under control, all the works that were previously stopped are now resumed. The government has put a lot of effort to complete the work which was planned.
- In South Mumbai, the reconstruction of the Jyotiba Phule Market has begun. Phase I of the project was completed, but because of the pandemic, Phase II could not be started earlier.
- Now, the government has started Phase II on full fledge. Due to this, the traffic police department has announced that the people have to face a few road restrictions for some time because of the reconstruction work.
ROAD RESTRICTIONS DUE TO RECONSTRUCTION IN SOUTH MUMBAI-
As the number of people traveling daily in the country has increased, traffic has also risen in Mumbai. With the redevelopment work of the Jyotiba Phule Market, it is concluded that motorists might have to face traffic congestions for some time now.
- Hence, the traffic police department in South Mumbai announced some changes in the traffic rules in the areas near Jyotiba Phule Market.
- Temporary changes are provided for at least three months in South Mumbai. Parking of motor vehicles in the nearby areas of the Jyotiba Phule Market has been prohibited till further notice; exceptions are granted to only police vehicles, fire brigades, ambulances, and other emergency service providers.
- Motor vehicles are now asked to use the MRA Marg till the Haj House and take a turn at the Himalaya Junction and continue further.