DRIVING WITHOUT A DRIVER’S LICENSE-
Whenever a person is driving, carrying their driving license is a must. Whether a person is driving a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler, the motorist should always carry their driving license with them. There are rules regarding carrying a driving license in the Motor Vehicles Act that clearly mentions the same.
But, there are reports that show that on a daily basis there comes many cases where the driver is found driving without having their driving license with them. There are increasing cases where underage drivers are found driving motor vehicles, which is again a serious offense.
PENALTY FOR THE VIOLATION IN MUMBAI-
- Under section 181 of the Motor Vehicles Act, it is clearly mentioned that any driver driving a motor vehicle without a proper driver’s license will be considered a serious offense.
- According to this section, the driver without a proper driver’s license will be challaned and will be fined heavily.
- The penalty for driving without a driver’s license was Rs 500 previously.
- After the amendment of the Motor vehicles Act, the amount of penalty that will be charged for this offense increased up to Rs. 5,000.
PAY FINE FOR THE VIOLATION IN MUMBAI-
When a motorist is caught driving a motor vehicle in Mumbai without a driver’s license, the traffic police will first issue a challan to the driver. This challan may be issued either manually by the police officer or the driver may receive an e-challan. The driver will then be liable to pay a fine of Rs. 5,000.
The violator can pay their fine offline by going to the nearest traffic police booth in Mumbai.
They can also pay their fines online.
- For this, the violator will first need to go to the official website of the Mumbai traffic police department, by clicking on https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/payechallan/PaymentService.htm?_qc=7d4ffce3c2c5d61e3fc121fa120c471e
- Then, the violator will need to fill in all the details of their challan or their vehicle on the website.
- Enter all the necessary details, click on the mode of payment that is convenient.
- After the payment is successful, the violator will receive a message on their phone stating the same.