VIOLATION OF SPEED LIMIT IN MUMBAI-
Everybody is in a hurry. People tend to take different measures to save time, and this is the case especially in big cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, and many such places. In a hurry to reach their destination people speed up their motor vehicles. Sometimes many motorists over speed, and violate the speed limit.
If a person in Mumbai is caught violating the speed limit, then the traffic police will immediately issue a challan for the speed violation to the motorist. The motorist will also be liable to pay a fine for violating the speed limit.
SECTION UNDER MOTOR VEHICLES ACT-
- The speed limit guidelines are mention under section 112 and section 183 of the Motor vehicles Act.
- According to the Amended Motor vehicles Act, Rs 5,000 has to be charged if any person is found violating the speed limit.
- The amount of fine charged can reach up to Rs. 10,000 depending upon the number of times the motorist was fined and challaned for the same offense and also the amount of damage caused by the violator.
PAY YOUR FINES FOR OVERSPEEDING IN MUMBAI-
If you have violated the speed limit in Mumbai, you will first receive an e-challan. When you violate any traffic rules in Mumbai, it is captured in the CCTV cameras installed at various points on the roads. After which, you will receive an e-challan on your mobile number. You will now need to pay your fine, which can be done online as well as offline.
- To pay your fine offline, you will be needed to go to your nearest traffic police booth and pay the fine there.
- To pay the fine online, you will first need to go to the official website of the Mumbai traffic police department by clicking on the following link-
- You will then need to enter the details asked on the screen.
- Select the payment method.
- Enter the amount as Rs 1000.
- After your payment is successful you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile phone.