INCREASE IN TRAFFIC-
As more and more relaxations are provided to the people by the governments, the number of people on the roads is also increasing. Hence, the traffic is also increasing. For the last couple of months, the roads have been empty or there were very few vehicles seen on the roads. But, now the traffic is slowly returning to normalcy.
Due to the pandemic, the main focus of the police department has been on maintaining the covid-19 norms that the government has laid down. But, with the situation returning to normalcy, the police department is now also focusing on maintaining the traffic.
HEAVY TRAFFIC IN NASHIK-
Nashik has been experiencing heavy traffic after the unlocking has been initiated.
- The vehicular traffic in the city had caused congestion in many areas of the city mainly in Shalimar and CBS area.
- This caused a lot of traffic in many areas of the city.
- The congestion was caused not only on roads because of the running motor vehicles but also because of illegal parking throughout the city.
CONGESTION DUE TO ILLEGAL PARKING-
- The traffic police department in Nashik said they found over 100 illegally parked motor vehicles throughout the city.
- Such illegally parked vehicles cause blockages and congestions on roads. The roads become narrower and in turn, slow down the traffic.
SOLUTIONS TO REDUCE TRAFFIC IN NASHIK-
To deal with the increasing problem of traffic and congestion caused because of vehicles in Nashik, the traffic department has started a special operation in Nashik.
- From 7th July 2021, the Nashik traffic police department towed the illegally parked vehicles.
- Such vehicles are then brought to the offices of the traffic department.
- Towing cranes were used to tow such vehicles to the offices.
- The officials from the police department said that the operating of towing the illegally parked vehicles had a positive impact on the city.
- The motorists are now also aware that if they park illegally their vehicle might also get towed.