HEAVY RAINFALL IN DELHI-
The capital city is continuously experiencing heavy monsoon rainfall. Although rainfall is necessary during such a heated summer, the heavy and continuous rainfall is causing waterlogging in many parts of Delhi. The people in Delhi have to face a lot of trouble because of this. Not only that, but the local authorities have been constantly receiving a huge number of complaints regarding the waterlogging in many areas in Delhi.
RISE IN WATER LEVEL OF THE YAMUNA RIVER-
One of the most important dangers that the heavy rainfall has caused is that of the increased water level in the Yamuna River.
- On the 1st of August 2021, the water level was recorded to be 205.30 meters.
- The water level was recorded at 9 am, at the Old Railway Bridge.
- And a high alert had been announced in the areas nearby the Yamuna River.
- This is a serious concern because the water level is below the danger mark that is 205.33 meters.
- The local authorities have reported that more than 100 families have been residing in the Yamuna floodplains.
- And considering the increasing water level of the Yamuna River, they have been shifted to higher areas in the last few days.
TRAFFIC CONGESTION DUE TO WATERLOGGING-
The traffic police have also been getting complaints about waterlogging in many areas in Delhi.
- The police have been complaints after 8 am are from the following areas- Underpass of the Patparganj Road, Yamuna Vihar, Malka Ganj, Kashmiri Gate Metro Stations, Chaudhary Fateh Singh Marg, Munirka, and Nangalo, etc.
- The problem of waterlogging in such areas has caused a lot of trouble for motorists.
- As the waterlogging lead to congestion of roads and hence slow down the traffic movement.
- It has been reported that a portion of the Y-Block in Mangolpuri has caved in, causing traffic congestion.
- The traffic police department in Delhi is putting in various efforts to ease the traffic congestion.
- Many traffic police officials have been deployed in areas where the problem of traffic congestion is high.