CHENNAI METRO RAIL LIMITED PHASE II-
Chennai is planning their Metro Rail Limited. This Chennai Metro Rail Limited’s main focus is on the elevated corridor from Kodambakkam Power House to Porur Junction. The Kodoambakkam Power House to Porur Junction is part of Corridor 4. This corridor connects the Light House with the Poonamallee.
After the completion of this project, the whole stretch from the Kodambakkam Power House to the Poonamallee will be an elevated line. On the other hand, the rest of the Metro stretch will then be underground.
DIVERSION OF TRAFFIC DURING PHASE II-
- Phase II of the Chennai Metro Rail Limited project has begun.
- And to continue with phase II without disrupting the traffic, the traffic police department in Chennai diverted the traffic from Arcot Road.
- A portion of the traffic from Arcot Road was diverted on 8th August 2021.
- The diversion of the traffic was done from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday.
- The diversion of the motor vehicles will be continued until any further notice is given by the traffic police department in Chennai.
- On Sunday, the traffic movement on the Arcot Road was made one way. This was done from the 80 feet junction to the Kodoambakkam Power House.
TRAFFIC POLICE HELPING IN SMOOTH FLOW OF TRAFFIC-
- The Chennai traffic police officials asked the motor vehicles that were moving from the Kodoambakkam Bridge towards Vadapalani, Saligramam, and Porur to take a compulsory left turn at the Kodoambakkam Power House junction.
- The motor vehicles were then routed via Ambedkar Salai.
- The traffic police officials were deployed at various stops to guide the motorists via which route to continue their journey.
- Although, there were no diversions made for vehicles traveling from Porur to Kodoambakkam.
- The motor vehicles had to reach the Vadapalani signal and make a right to reach their destination through P. T. Rajan Salai.