LOCKDOWN DURING THE PANDEMIC-
The implementation of the lockdown in the country was imposed by the government to help control the spread of the covid-19 disease. The government, be it the state government or the central government, had taken many major steps during the phase to help the country deal with the pandemic. It was a situation that was very unusual to deal with. It had its setbacks but also helped in many areas.
EFFECTS OF LOCKDOWN ON THE TRAFFIC IN THE COUNTRY-
Traffic jams are a very common sight that can be seen anywhere in the country. Considering the population and the number of motor vehicles the problem of traffic throughout the country is not surprising. But, the implantation of the lockdown throughout the country had a very positive effect on the traffic issues in the country.
As people were not allowed to step out of their houses unless it was an emergency, there were very little or no vehicles seen on the roads in India for a couple of months. The police department of India was working tirelessly day and night to make sure that people followed the lockdown norms laid down by the government. And because of this, the traffic in the country was reduced drastically.
TRAFFIC INCREASES IN BENGALURU DUE TO LOCKDOWN RELAXATIONS-
The spread of the covid-19 disease is now somewhat under control because of the efforts of the people of the country. The state government and the central governments are slowly giving the public relaxation regarding the lockdown guidelines and the people are slowly getting back into their previous routines. Due to these relaxations, the number of people on the roads is increasing on a daily basis and so are the motor vehicles on the roads.
- Recently in the month of June 2021, the lockdown norms were somewhat eased in Bengaluru. This caused the usual traffic to return back on the roads of the city.
- On the 14th of June this year, hundreds of motor vehicles were seen coming into Bengaluru from neighboring areas.
- This caused a massive traffic jam in the city. The traffic extended up to Bommanahalli and Silk Board junction.
- The increase in traffic was seen immediately after the ease of the lockdown guidelines. Initially, the relaxation time was from 6 am to 10 pm which is now extended till 2 pm.
- This is implemented strictly in 11 districts in the state, till the traffic problems are not under control.