TRAFFIC INCREASES AS UNLOCKING PROCEEDS-
With the unlocking proceeding rapidly in the country, the lives of the people are returning to normal. A couple of months ago there was little or no public seen on the roads. Now, the number of people in public places is also increasing. And one of the main reasons for this is the vaccination drive that was at its peak after India was hit with the second wave of the covid-19.
The traffic is increasing throughout the country after the second unlocking. And with this, the number of traffic violations is also increasing. The traffic police department has reported a hike in the number of traffic violations. So, to curb the violations, the traffic police department is conducting various drives throughout the country.
INCREASE IN TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS IN TAMIL NADU-
In Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu the traffic police department conducted a special drive against violations regarding drinking and driving.
- One of the most common traffic violations throughout the country is drinking and driving. Hence, the main focus of this drive was against such violations.
- A meeting was conducted in Tamil Nadu, where these rules regarding the drive were decided.
- The meeting was attended by Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation Officials, Regional Transport officials, and State Highways Department officials.
DRIVE AGAINST TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS-
- This drive was conducted on 27th July 2021 in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Heavy fines were charged and challans were issued against such violators.
- The traffic police’s main focus was on the following areas- 100ft Road, Cross Cut Road, Gandhipuram-Ganapathy Stretch, Vysial Street, Selvapuram Road, Bharatiya Road, Sukrawarpret-Avinashi Road Flyover.
- The speed limit was implemented in these areas at 30 km/hr.
- And in other parts of the city was 40 km/hr.
The City Deputy Commissioner of the traffic police department, S. R. Senthilkumar said in an interview that speed checking radars will be set up t various checkpoints in the city. This will be a step to check the speed limits of the vehicles in the country. As the drive against drinking and driving is being focused more in Coimbatore, setting up of speed checking radar will be of great help to the traffic police department.