TRAFFIC POLICE IN HARYANA WERE DRAGGED BY A SPEEDING JEEP-
The traffic police department works day and night to serve other people. Even in times like this, the police department was always doing its duty. But, despite all their work, there are people who misbehave and abuse the police. Such an incident has recently occurred in Haryana; where a traffic policeman was dragged on the road by a running jeep.
- On 28th June 2021, a traffic policeman in Haryana was dragged over a distance of half a kilometer by people in a speeding jeep.
- This took place in the Krishna Gate area of Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- The traffic police constable, Sanjiv Kumar was on duty on a highway in Haryana, when a speeding jeep was passing through.
- The constable signaled the jeep to stop, which the people in the jeep refused to acknowledge.
- That is when Sanjiv Kumar has to step in front of the jeep to stop it.
ARREST OF THE MOTORISTS-
There were three people altogether inside the jeep. Even after seeing the constable stand in front, they did not slow down.
- To save his life the constable had to jump up on the bonnet of the jeep. They did not stop and instead increased the speed of the vehicles to throw off Sanjiv Kumar.
- The vehicle was forced to stop half a kilometer ahead by other police officials who chased the jeep for the distance which included a Sub-inspector Gulab Singh.
- As the vehicle was stopped, Sanjiv Kumar fell to the other and got injured as well.
- The three motorists were then arrested.
CHARGES AGAINST THE MOTORISTS-
The whole incident was recorded on a camera by the policemen. The name of the person who was driving the jeep was Nurdeep Alias Lovepreet. He and his two other friends were arrested by the police.
A case was filed against the three men in the jeep. They were charged with the Indian Penal Code (IPC) Section 186, 332, and 353. They were also charged with an attempt to murder the constable. The case will be taken to the court.